Sunday, October 25, 2009

Oh, Women!


If God would allow me to complain just about one thing it would be about women having to have their periods. I do not complain about the regular (sometimes irregular) visits per se because I know it is part of their nature being women. But what I can't understand is that when women have periods, they also have "exclamation points". I am referring to their mood swings which usually accompany their mens. This is the part I'm trying to understand which at times I cannot.
Imagine, I am the only male in the family, aside from my father who is living with us. There are two women of menstruating age in our house - my wife and my eldest daughter - and most of the time, I am a "victim" of their irregular (that's my wife's) and regular (that's my eldest's) periods. You know, when they are menstruating, they become grouchy (as all women are, I believe) and I bear the brunt of their "climate change".
One irritable menstruating woman is manageable but two women having their periods at the same time is disastrous. Imagine the calvary I experience whenever they have their periods simultaneously? And imagine what more calvary will I go through when my other two daughters reach their menstruating age and the four of them have their periods all together?

On second thought, I should be more emphatic to them and grateful that God created me as a man because I do not have to undergo that monthly ordeal.

Okay, I will no longer whine about women having their monthly periods. But I will appeal to God to schedule the visitors of the women in my life so that I can handle each of them with a smile in my heart when their periods come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's Chat

Followers