Sunday, October 11, 2009

My Wife Is A Loser


Yes, you read it right: My wife is a loser. After so many attempts, she has finally become a loser and she's very happy about it. So am I.

Two weeks ago, my wife asked my support anew for the newest diet program she planned to embark on. She had tried many diet programs before and even tried some cardio exercises and playing badminton. She was somewhat successful in all those endeavors shedding some pounds but she was not able to sustain the interest because achieving the ideal results took quite some time, hence she went back to her former weight and even added some more pounds in the long run.

For her latest undertaking, she promised me that she would strictly follow her diet and that she would sustain it. She even requested me to buy her a weighing scale so she could keep track of her progress. The ever supportive husband that I am, I bought what she wanted. So the day before she officially started her latest diet program, she tipped the scale at 145 lbs. After barely four days of religiously following her diet plan, she weighed in again and guess what the scale registered? She already lost 10 lbs.! She's now on the last day of her one-week diet scheme and she feels like she has lost 7 lbs. more of excess weight. Bad thing, she cannot use the weighing scale today to confirm how much more she has lost in the last three days of her program because the equipment bogged down last night when I used it. Just buzz me when I'm online next time if you're interested to know the final results once I have bought her a new weighing scale.

With her permission, I am sharing with you her seven-day diet program, which was also shared with her by an officemate (I later learned that this was based on the program developed for General Motor Inc.'s employees and dependents):
  • First day, unlimited amount of fruits only, preferrably melon and watermelon but not bananas;
  • Second day, baked potato for breakfast and unlimited amount of raw or stir-fried vegetables only for the rest of the day;
  • Third day, combination of unlimited fruits (except bananas again) and vegetables;
  • Fourth day, 8 pieces of any variety of bananas and three glasses of milk;
  • Fifth day, two 10 oz. of lean beef and 6 pieces fresh tomatoes;
  • Sixth day, eat-all-you-can lean beef and vegetables; and
  • Seventh day, brown rice (or wheat bread as a replacement), vegetables, and fruit juices.
Taking 8-10 glasses of water is a must in all days with additional quart on the fourth day.

You may continue the program after one week until you reach your ideal weight. That's why it's necessary to keep tab of your weight every now and then. You are expected to lose 10-17 lbs. in the one-week plan.

Caveat: Consult your physician before starting any weight loss diet program. If you will try it and become a loser yourself, share your testimony to others who might be on the same boat as you.

Good luck!

8 comments:

  1. Hi Mr. Vic. Welcome to the blogging world! Hope to read more from you.

    I will definitely link you to my site http://martilyo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. arlene andaya encarnacionOctober 12, 2009 at 7:02 PM

    congrats to your wife! im also wishing to be a loser...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christina Ladroma RadovanOctober 12, 2009 at 9:30 PM

    oooiii! i like ur blog ... ok sya ha, naaliw ako!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Arlene! You can make it, too, that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that diet plan is similar to what I've read from a book a long time ago. It's ideal for losing weight if you're preparing for a special occasion and want to fit in a certain dress. But in the long run, that diet plan isn't advisable to do at all. I suggest that your wife read Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle by Tom Venuto. It's not just for bodybuilders. It's for those who want to lose body fat and sustain a healthy, toned body. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks, @victoria. will tell my wife about your comment and suggestion. regards!

    ReplyDelete

Let's Chat

Followers