Saturday, November 14, 2009

Nikkyo, Sankyo, Yonkyo

Sounds Japanese? Actually, they are some of the common terms that we have learned in our basic aikido training yesterday as part of our agency's Human Capital (HuCap) Development Program. Aikido, in case you don't know, is a Japanese martial art developed by Morihei Ueshiba.

Those three terms are pin techniques used in aikido defenses. They were done on us by the senseis (teachers) and sempais (senior students) of the different dojos (training halls) which belong to the Makiling Aikido. Oh boy, I tell you, it was a wrist-breaking experience. Although we returned the "favor" to the senseis and sempais by also doing the techniques on them, the pain that we felt was more pronounced than the pain they experienced if they still experienced pain at all.

As they forewarned us, some of my body parts ached when I woke up this morning. I'm very much sure my co-participants also woke up today with their legs, thighs, arms, and backs aching. Imagine, in dojos they train for only 1.5 hours, including the warm ups while we trained for more than six hours. What body parts would not ache with those very long hours of training? And all of us were first-timers.

I'm not complaining though because I enjoyed the training even with the little pain I'm experiencing now. In fact, If I still have extra time, I will enrol in the mother dojo at the BPI Head Office. But, it's not my priority right now. Summertime maybe. I will have to psyche myself first and convince myself that once I decide to push through with it, it will not be ningas-cogon.





















4 comments:

  1. Body aches? Signs na iyan, Vic, hehehe! Hayan, mararanasan mo na iyong naranasan ko dati na kinakantiyawan mo ako.

    by the way, malapit na ang iyong "life begins..." Happy Birthday in advance.

    Parang kailan lang ano, binatang taring ka pa, ngayon mama ka na at bosing pa.

    God bless you always, and I know the best of things have yet to come for you.

    Best regards

    Tita Mel

    ReplyDelete
  2. oo nga, tita mel! dumating na ang karma sa akin. unti-unti ko nang nararanasan ang nauna mong naranasan, he he he.

    di po ako bosing, tagapag-alaga lang po.

    maraming salamat po sa maagang pagbati.

    may the Good Lord also continue to bless you and david.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great workout man! Of all the martial arts i've tried i love the philosophy of aikido...although of course our very own stickfighting systems are great for the streets, mas madali matutunan ang aikido...kahit isang move lang ang mamaster mo you can protect your loved ones very effectively. Sana ituloy mo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for reading my blog and the comment, pareng joel. still in laos?

    sana nga maituloy ko this summertime.

    regards.

    ReplyDelete

Let's Chat

Followers