Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Charm, New Moon, and Bobby: The Saga Continues

Had it not been my birthday last Saturday, I would not watch "New Moon" that day because I knew the Twilight saga fanatics would come in droves at the theaters. I was right after all. Five of the 10 moviehouses at the Festival Mall were showing the movie but queueing for the ticket still  took me more than 30 minutes. The good part of it, we were just right on time for the next screening, meaning we would be able to watch it from start to finish. Also, we were able to get a good seating arrangement.

Although I and my wife enjoyed the first Twilight installment more, we still enjoyed the sequel.  Even my three-year-old daughter, Charm, liked it. When the movie ended and the lights turned on, she verbally expressed her enjoyment by telling me that the movie was good. I asked her if she enjoyed it and she said yes. As a follow-up question, I asked her if she understood it, she said no. Oh, Charm and her antics!

Then, last Monday when I arrived home, my wife told me that Charm told her that Bobby, my daughter's imginary classmate, had also watched New Moon. I asked Charm if it was true and she answered in affirmative. She even said that Bobby watched it for the second time. She also said that she asked Bobby if he understood the movie and he said he did. She admitted to him that she did not understand it but she liked it anyway. She then asked her mama and me if we could watch it for the second time. We just gave her a big smile.

Maybe by the time the Twilight movie series ends, Charm's  conversations with and stories about her imaginary classmates and friends would also end. As it is, I am amazed by the storytelling skills she is developing. Like father like daughter.

Wait for her next story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's Chat

Followers