Saturday, November 21, 2009

My 40th Birthday Celebration

I am celebrating my 40th birthday today. I thank God for being patient with me in the last 39 years of my life and pray that He will continue to be so in the next 39 years or until the day that I shall account for all my actions here on earth. I am excited about what the next 12 months will bring to my life. Life begins at 40, so they say. Since I have been dead in the last 39 years, I hope that with this new life I have now I can keep my covenant with God that I will always be His loyal follower.

Today's celebration will just be simple just like before. I shall treat the whole family, including our kasambahay, to a movie (New Moon) at Festival Mall after lunch. After that, we shall attend the anticipated mass at 6pm and have our dinner in one of the restaurants there.

Originally, I wanted my wife to cook pansit which I planned to distribute tomorrow to the families living along the railroad near our residence. But since wifey will be participating in the walk for a cause activity in their office tomorrow, the plan has been changed. I shall look, instead, for streetchildren roaming in Pacita Complex and treat them to Jollibee (What if anybody from Jollibee management come across this blog, will it cross their mind to sponsor my birthday celebration with the streetkids on Sunday? Well, just wishful thinking).

I am upbeat about the good things that will happen to me in the next 365 days of my life and I look forward to celebrating the next 40 years of my life.

7 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Vic!

    Nice plan for your birthday. Sharing your blessings and the many gifts you have is a noble way to give thanks to the great provider! Di ba?

    Many happy returns of the day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, tita mel!

    yes, you're right, God has been so good to me and it's only but fitting to give thanks to Him through sharing what He has given us with our less fortunate brethren.

    i have proven that the more i give the more i receive. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha... kasambahay lang ung ksma sa treat?? wahaha. pwede po bang mgpanggap na kasambahay? just for today?? hehehe... joke lang po. hope you'll enjoy ur NEW life. God bless you sir... Happy, happy birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oo, kath, kasambahay lang. di ka papasang kasambahay. streetkid gusto mong magpanggap? :)
    thanks again for the greetings! God bless, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wish I could be a street kid too! HAHAHA! for the win ang birthday! :)

    Happy Birthday sir! hope you'll have a good one :D

    ~ja bautista

    ReplyDelete
  6. Remember Vic, LIES begin at 40!

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks, @ja! yes, i did have a good one.

    @sir joey, i hope it won't happen to me. :)

    ReplyDelete

Let's Chat

Followers