Thursday, November 5, 2009

I Will Be Rich

I never dreamt of becoming rich because I just wanted to live a simple life. I was content with just being able to feed my family at least three times a day, send the kids to school, pay all the bills, and spend some for leisure activities.

I was also blinded by my belief that the more money I would have, the more sins I could commit: lust, gluttony, greed, and pride. Lust because I might be tempted to use my riches for extramarital affairs since I can afford to love another one. Gluttony because I might be tempted to eat excessively since I have all the money to buy every gastronomic delight my taste buds could feast on. Greed because I might be tempted to amass more wealth beyond my lifetime which could be equated to being more powerful. Pride because I might be tempted to belittle the Indios and the aliping sagigilid and be unforgiving to those who will do me wrong. What profits a man if he gains the whole world but loses his soul?

But, no matter how simple my dreams are, reality still bites: the combined salary of myself and my wife could hardly make both ends meet. The increases in our respective salaries could not cope with the rising costs of almost everything - food, education, electricity, healthcare, etc. - and the diminishing purchasing power of peso. Not even having an additional source of income could fill the gap between what we earn and what we spend. There's only one solution to my financial problems: be rich! But what about my salvation?

Until one day, I came across Bo Sanchez's book entitled "8 Secrets of the Truly Rich (How You Can Create Material Wealth and Gain Spiritual Abundance at the Same Time) while I was buying my kids' school supplies in National Book Store. It changed my perspective about being rich. I realized that my old mindset was really preventing me to attain God's gift of abundance. I could very well relate to Bo's personal examples because I was like him before who was content with what he had. I never realized that being rich does not necessarily mean being sinful. I now realize that If I become rich I can still gain a slot in heaven using my riches. The temptations of the four out of seven capital sins I mentioned above will always be present no matter my status in life.

So now, I want to be rich, not only for myself nor for my family but also for others. I will be rich someday and I shall use this abundance to make others wealthy, too. Crazy as it may seem, I do not fail to pray the prayer of the true millionaires of God as prescribed by Bo because I believe in the power of visualization and the law of positive attraction. I know I will be rich someday and I'm doing some steps to make it happen as advised by the charismatic Catholic preacher. I shall share it with you in my future blogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's Chat

Followers