Sunday, January 24, 2010

Living in Simplicity

I have just read the soft copy of Bro. Bo Sanchez's "Simplify and Live the Good Life," which was e-mailed to me as part of my rewards for being a member of the Truly Rich Club. It reinforces my time-honored practices for living in simplicity. Yes, I have always been simple, but not deprived, in many ways.  Call it frugality or, better yet, wise spending.

Just like Bro. Bo, I don't wear any designer clothes, jeans, shoes or perfume. If ever I would buy one, as what  I do when I buy branded shirts,  I would buy them when they are on sale. That way, I don't feel guilty of spending a little amount unlike when I have to buy it on regular price (which I do not do). I also don't mind buying from an ukay-ukay if I find something I want and need. Anyway, nobody would know where I source my garments. Even if they would know, I don't see any problem with that. And I don't use any credit cards when I need to buy something. I always pay in cash.

Yes, I don't have any credit cards at all. Many have attempted to offer me one, some even pre-approved, but I don't oblige. I know I'm a wise spender and I am a well-disciplined person but I don't want to take chances. I'd rather be credit card-free all my life than see myself immersed in deep debt due to compulsive buying of things which I don't really need but still buy because I have the means i.e. the credit card. This does not mean that I am totally debt-free. I also enter into credit when I need capital for a business or other income-generating investments.

I pity those who lose any sleep over demand letters arising from unpaid credit card dues. If only I have the money to bail them out and get them out of their dire misery, I would not think twice doing it. The only help I can offer them is the same advice given by Bro. Bo in his book: to shop for credit cards that charge lower interests and transfer the loans there. Also, try to arrange a payment scheme with the creditors to alleviate the burden of paying high principal and interest.

To know more about how to live a simple life, be able to get out of debt, and live the good life, I encourage you to join Bro. Bo's Truly Rich Club  by logging on at http://www.trulyrichclub.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's Chat

Followers