Sunday, January 17, 2010

Giving Back to God

My youngest daughter did something good that made me and my wife smile while we were attending the healing mass in St. Peregrine Laziosi Parish Shrine in Tunasan, Muntinlupa City this afternoon. Let me keep you hanging for a while and start from the very beginning.

It has been my practice that during offertory, I give some bills to my three daughters for the "love offering." This afternoon, I shelled out only two bills which I handed to my wife which, in turn, she handed to my second eldest and youngest daughters. Charm, our youngest, gave the money given her to her Ate Clare, our eldest. I thought she would ask additional from me. But lo and behold! She reached for her new bag given by my Ninang Belen and pulled out her purse and guess what? Yes, she took out a P1-coin from it and readied it for the love offering.

What she did may not be extraordinary but it was not also ordinary for kids her age to do that. If that would not make any parents smile at the action, I don't know what would. In fact, it did not only put a smile on my lips but also made me feel proud of her action. She is starting to imbibe the practice of giving to the church. She may not understand yet the rationale for the action but the thought that she knows how to give back to God is a good starting point, which I shall encourage even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's Chat

Followers