Wednesday, January 20, 2010

A Healthier Me This Year

When we had our reunion with balikbayan friends in Trinoma days before last Christmas, my wife and I saw this exercise gadget, the Air Climber, in Landmark Department Store. Wifey instantly liked it because of the video demonstrating some of the workouts using it. I promised her I would buy it as my Christmas present for her. I did buy it for her...but only after Christmas.

On the night wifey was about to use it, the DVD that comes with it would not play on our machine nor on our laptop. Frustrated, my wife just followed the workouts from the manual. After her workout, her happiness was incomplete because she still wanted to do the workouts using the DVD.

The following day, I called Landmark Makati where I bought the machine and asked the supervisor If I could have the malfunctioning DVD replaced even without the official receipt which I had thrown away unconsciously on my way home the night I bought it. To my relief, the supervisor agreed and told me to just look for him. That  night, I still tried to play the DVD on our player but to no avail. It just came to my mind to try the other player we have which we have not been using for a long time. Alas! It played!

Wifey was just so happy trying out the workouts being demonstrated by Brenda Dygraf, who, I have learned, was an aerobic champion early in her career. I myself tried it and felt happy I did because I now have a regular exercise program, which is a must especially for diabetics like me.

We still have to reap the promise this exercise machine offers. Although I have read mixed reviews about it, I would still say it was a good investment because it has prompted me to exercise regularly and nobody would argue about the health benefits of exercise. That's why I'm looking forward to seeing a healthier me this year. That goes the same for my wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's Chat

Followers