Thursday, December 10, 2009

The Two-Hour Mass

I am used to attending a one-hour mass as most Catholics are. But the mass I attended last Tuesday, together with some of my staff and our boss, was a little different because it took us some two hours before it was finally over.  No, I'm not complaining. In fact, I would have stayed even longer had the officiating priest extended the celebration to another half an hour or so. Who would not give an extra hour or two to God who has given us all the time in this world to do whatever we want?

The mass was very special because it was in honor of the solemnity of the Immaculate Conception and was made even more significant because it was a healing mass. And the officiating priest (Father forgive me for I did not have the courage to ask any of the organizers who you were) reminded me of Father Sonny Ramirez for the similarity in style of doing the celebration.

While others started to leave the chapel one by one, even if the final blessing had not yet been given, we stayed put. Five of us there were supposed to have a meeting at 1 o'clock but we did not bother at all. God first above all things or before anyone else.

I felt so much blessed as we left the chapel. The blessings I received that particular day were overflowing. It has been a very very long time since I last felt that kind of blissfulness. There was even a part during the exposition and veneration of the Blessed Sacrament that I went into a deep trance and almost started to speak in tongues. But it was cut short when Father proceeded to the next part of the ceremony. When I felt that the presence of the Holy Spirit  in me had slowly subsided, I felt somewhat exhausted but nobody noticed it and I did not want them to notice it all. In fact, I did not know how the others would react had I spoken in tongues because in my experiences, whenever I would speak in tongues (I got this gift of Spirit during my Life in the Spirit Seminar some four years ago), it would take me quite some time before I would go back to my normal state. Aside from uttering unintelligible sounds, my body would shake heavily whenever this gift would manifest in me.

I would not mind attending another mass this long if only to show God how grateful I am for all the blessings He has been showering on me and my family. I have so many things to thank God for and I don't need to elaborate all of them here. Just the mere fact that I am still alive and doing this blog is more than enough reason to be forever thankful to God. That's why I am looking forward to experiencing the same kind of mass again in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's Chat

Followers