Monday, June 28, 2010

I'm Ready to be Rich

I never wanted to be rich! Never! You can ask my wife about it and she'd surely validate my claim.

But things have changed. I now want to become rich and I am ready for it. The turn of events happened some five months before my 40th birthday in November last year. Indeed, after reading Bo Sanchez' "8 Secrets of the Truly Rich," my life has never been the same. I have been so motivated by his book that I have started following most of his pieces of advice there especially when it comes to investing my hard-earned money.

I started with mutual funds (MFs) and unit investment trust funds (UITFs). Then, I found this pinoymoneytalk.com - the first and only Philippine forum that focuses on money, investments, and personal finance - where I got to know, and have actually invested with, some entrepreneurs who give opportunities for passive income. Then lately, I have started doing online stocks trading.

By God's grace, all of my investments have been performing well so far. For instance, the combined growth rate of my MFs, UITFs, and stocks as of today is 23.11%. And with the positive business outlook for the second semester, I project to have a growth rate of some 40% by yearend.

What is even more promising is the projected growth rate I shall have for my angel investments by yearend - some 60%. But of course, these growth rates I shall gain barring any untoward incidents including the sudden crash of the stocks market and the bankruptcy of the businesses where I invested my (and others') money.

In absolute terms, the passive income I will have for this year will not immediately make me a millionaire as my capital is not that big. I'm still a small-time investor. Give me three or four years more and I shall be a big-time investor. But this early, I am already preparing myself to be rich because I know that is what the Lord has prepared for me so I can use those riches for His ministry here on earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's Chat

Followers