Monday, February 1, 2010

MF and UITF Advocate

Ever since I became aware of and actually invested in mutual funds (MFs) and unit investment trust funds (UITFs), I have voluntarily designated myself as its advocate, sharing my knowledge about it and trying to influence others to try investing in it, too. Whenever I get the chance to discuss it with people around me, I always grab that opportunity to do so. And I feel happy when people become interested in investing their extra money in either MFs or UITFs. My immediate previous entry differentiates the two.

We tend to spend on things that do not give us any return on investment. Well, maybe we get some unquantifiable benefits, primarily personal gratification, from the things we buy. However, when the excitement has worn out, we look for and buy other things that could give us brand-new happiness. Well, if you have all the money in the world, no one would bother to prevent you from splurging all your wealth. But even the old rich know how to spend and use their money wisely.

What if you invest first your money and see it grow so you can have more of it in the end to buy more things for yourself and the people you care about? You can always try putting up a business if you have an entrepreneurial character. But if you're planning to set up a business, you must be ready to attend to it full-time. Otherwise, I won't advise you to go into it because most part-time businesspeople do not succeed.

If you want to see your money grow, invest in MFs or UITFs. However, you must assess first your appetite for risk before you go into it. And you must also be ready to part with your money for long-term because you can only get the most out of your MF or UITF investments if you have a longer investment horizon, meaning the time you are willing to park your money.

Think about it. Give it a try. And become its advocate, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's Chat

Followers